Piloting, from hercs to mechs.

Piloting, from hercs to mechs.
A running recap of what I'm doing for fun, between active duty flying, technology, gadgets, and some of my favorite games.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

A fun reprieve...Blizzard's Hearthstone BETA

Well, I got my BETA invite today for Blizzard's newest game "Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft."  Since I have played some Ascension on the iPhone and iPad, this game already had some limited appeal.

It is fun!

Building decks is much more fun than I thought it would be...and the practice play is a fun way to kill hours and hours.  Since I am staying with some family this weekend and I didn't want to be slaved to a mouse and keyboard (WoW), this game naturally caught my attention.

It is very well done, and the unpacking new packs feature is really a blast...you never know what cool new cards you can get.  Once you unlock or unpack cards, you can build a deck with them and try them out.

I began with a hunter deck based on beast minions...I have had solid luck with that.  I also got a silver Edwin VanCleef from a pack I got!

So, if the internet isn't very good over in the deployed location, this is another option that will not require much bandwidth at all.  Perfect timing Blizzard, for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment