Piloting, from hercs to mechs.

Piloting, from hercs to mechs.
A running recap of what I'm doing for fun, between active duty flying, technology, gadgets, and some of my favorite games.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Healing, practically


Healing, practically (brand new tanks): Ok, I have developed a new pet peeve in this game in relation to healing. When a “tank” decides to queue up for heroics after they have literally just hit 80 and have not a single piece of item level 200 gear. What does this mean to the healer? This individual is trying to skip normal instances and lean on completely random players to provide dps and heals. And, on top of it all, there is no way the player can be def maxed whatsoever, he has less HP than my priest Smoogee, and he absorbs more damage while having LESS health. It is simply irresponsible to queue for heroics unless you have a pocket healer, when you do not have the gear to sustain a party as a tank. So, today, without so much as a twinge of hesitation, I made a “command decision” and when I saw 2200gs under my tank after he nearly got one-shot by the first trash mob…I asked him if he just hit 80. He said yes. I right-clicked my player frame and hit “Leave Party” and happily incurred a 30 minute suspension from my daily grind of heroics. Worth it? Even though I don’t get to play much between flights here in the desert and Iraqi network downtime each day, you better believe it. When you play on a limited connection, you have to know your limits. It’s kind of like knowing your “operating limits” for an aircraft. For example, I know what temperatures and torques our 4 engines are limited to, so that we can shut one down before it becomes a catastrophic emergency if necessary. In a 5-man instance, I have some similar “operating limits” and I know when to pull that metaphorical “fire handle” to prevent my temper from overheating.

Also, I downloaded the addon Prat, so I will take screenshots of such conversations and situations to spice up the blog from now on. For now, you get more ppt editing.


No comments:

Post a Comment