Piloting, from hercs to mechs.

Piloting, from hercs to mechs.
A running recap of what I'm doing for fun, between active duty flying, technology, gadgets, and some of my favorite games.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

My newest gadget! Jaybirds Bluebuds X wireless BT earphones review!

MP got me an awesome set of bluetooth wireless earphones for an early Anniversary present!


Here is what I think of the Jaybird Bluebuds X so far!

Battery: Excellent battery length for the minimal body of the headphones.  Supposedly they will last 8 hours, but even a couple hours is remarkable considering the earbuds themselves contain the battery.  I was very impressed by this.

Fit: I will run with them tomorrow and update this post, but so far I can say that the "normal" fit is quite nice once you get the earpieces set up correctly.  The "sport" fit goes in then around and over your ear, which I will try second.  So far, so good.  I hope it is snug and stays put during a run.

Quality: I was not hoping for outstanding volume or quality from bluetooth headphones this small, but they are very good!  I have been spoiled by Bose in years past, but these Jaybirds hold their own ground.  I will comment further when I have used them while running.

Pairing: This is one of the easiest and best integrated Bluetooth devices I have used with my iPhone to date.  They pair easily, and when you turn them on, they auto-pair again, which is phenomenal!

Use: The standard buttons on the headphones are up/down volume and a "start" button.  The center button turns them on, pairs them, and can start, stop, and select next track.  This is the standard, but the on/off and pairing function is very well done.  The earphones even talk to you to tell you that they are pairing/paired, powering on/off, etc.  I am a big fan so far!

Packaging/components: The packaging was hard to get apart.  However, it comes with 3 different sizes of earbuds and 3 sizes of the arc fit connections for your ears.  It also has a proprietary USB charging cable and a rather small hard case.  Very adequate peripherals, in my opinion.

Price: These were on sale at Best Buy for $45 off the normal price of $170.  That is a huge discount!  I highly recommend these so far, and they are now at a very competitive price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment